By Carole Reedy
- The view from my terrace as the sun rises over the trees while below the cacophony of the city awakens all.
- Purchasing freshly ground Cuban coffee from Gran Premio, the 55-year-old corner coffee shop.
- Tacos de cochinita pibil at the Diablos Rojos baseball game.
- Talking to taxi drivers, who know more about politics than anyone else in the city.
- Taking visitors for a ride on the Turibus.
- Attending morning MET opera transmissions at the Auditorio Nacional…and the lecture just before given by maestro Sergio Vela.
- Buying pirated DVDs from street vendors.
- Slugging down vino tinto from my boda bag, accompanied by empanadas de carne, at a corrida de toros at Plaza Mexico.
- Roaming Avenida Reforma.
- Observing the care with which young women apply their makeup on the Metrobus.